From the 1st of November 2011 Barnsley Health Trainer Service was brought under one contract with PSS working with Barnsley’s NHS to deliver Barnsley’s Health Trainers programme.
Barnsley NHS Health Trainer service is a FREE, confidential and non-judgemental service, which has helped hundreds of people across the town improve their health by helping them make positive changes to their lifestyle.
As from the 28th February 2012, Health Trainer Luke Forgione will be based at Barnsley Football Club working in partnership with the Trust. The clubs name and vast appeal to the community is seen as the perfect tool to promote healthy lifestyle messages within the local community.
- Work one to one to support encourage and motivate you to change your lifestyle
- Help you set goals and develop a personal health plan
- Understand the barriers you faced in the past and offer realistic solutions
- Continually review your progress over a 12 week period
- Accompany you on your journey to better health
- Have undergone intensive training and keep up to date with the latest local and national health information
Health Trainers work with:
- Individuals who need support to change their lifestyle before they develop a long term condition OR
- Individuals who have a long term condition but could benefit from lifestyle changes.
- Anybody 16+ who lives in Barnsley and is a free, confidential, non-judgemental service.
Do you want to?
- Change to a healthier diet and lose weight
- Become fitter and more active
- Stop smoking
- Drink sensibly
- Reduce stress and anxiety
Then you need to call Luke on 01226 211333 or 07808784469